Today we are taking additional measures to safeguard the health of the UWinnipeg community — and support public health efforts — during the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
At 5:00 pm this afternoon (Monday, March 23), all campus buildings will close until further notice. Access will be limited to those who are delivering essential services, such as security, physical plant, food services and residence staff. Other faculty and staff who need access to campus must be authorized by their department chair/Dean or supervisor and check in with Security Services when coming to campus.
- All academic instruction and evaluation will continue through alternate delivery. There will be no in-person classes or exams before September.
- The library facility is closed. Access to the library’s digital resources remains unaffected, and staff are working remotely to deliver most services online.
- The voluntary withdrawal date has been changed to March 31, to give students additional time to voluntarily withdraw from Winter term courses.
- Our Spring/Summer term will be entirely online. Check the UWinnipeg website for updates on registration.
- Student Services — including academic advising, awards and financial aid, counselling, and others — are supporting students remotely. No in-person appointments are being accepted, though services listed here can be arranged.
- Students in residence have been encouraged to leave if able to do so. Those with no alternatives will be accommodated.
For faculty and staff:
- All employees should work from home unless required for essential campus operations. Faculty and staff should contact their department chair/Dean or supervisor to discuss campus access, if absolutely necessary. Security Services will grant access only to those who are authorized to be on site. Upon arrival, authorized personnel should phone security or check in at one of the security stations located at Centennial Hall, Buhler Centre, or Richardson College.
- Deans and unit heads will work with their teams to facilitate the remote delivery of ongoing operations and/or reassign duties as needed.
- Instructors should remain in contact with all of their students to support completion of Winter term courses.
- Researchers should continue their work remotely if possible and suspend all activities that are not in keeping with social distancing and cannot ensure the health and safety of research personnel and participants. See here for additional information related to alteration of research activity. The Research Office is available to provide guidance.
- The Collegiate’s Dean, Dr. Kevin Clace, is communicating directly with his staff and students regarding operational changes.
We are taking these unprecedented actions with community well-being in mind. We understand that these measures will cause disruption. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate these challenges.
Together, we will do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Stay healthy and remember to visit our website for regular updates to the UWinnipeg community.
Dr. Annette Trimbee,
President and Vice-Chancellor