WINNIPEG, MB – Prepare to be entertained at the highly anticipated Class Acts VII which returns to Eckhardt-Grammaté Hall on Friday, March 14 at 7:00 pm. The evening covers the musical spectrum – from classical to blues intertwined with poetry and clever comedy for a change of pace.
“We hope for another full house to put another $5,000 into the General Scholarship Fund,” said event organizer Dr. Ed Byard (Chair, Biology). “Class Acts highlights the hidden talents of our faculty, staff and friends. It is always diverse and most importantly always entertaining!”
CLASS ACTS’ LINEUP
- Blasphemers (Angela Failler, Women’s Studies, Craig Willis, Biology)
- Nathan Music Co. a Juno award-winning band (with Devin Latimer, Chemistry)
- Uptown Grass (with Ed Byard, Biology, Don Metz, Education)
- Murray Evans (English)
- John Melnyk (Business)
- Neil Besner (Provost and Vice-President, Academic and International)
- Ryan Bullock (Environmental Studies and Sciences)
- Jan Byrd (Student Life)
- Julie Pelletier (Indigenous Governance)
- Colin Russell (Registrar) and Alice Russell
- Andraea Sartison (Events)
- Margaret Sweatman (English) and Glenn Buhr
- Hector Leon Valenzuela (spouse of Melodie Doherty, Academic Advising)
- Paul Friesen (Library)
- Chandra Mayor (Carol Shields Writer in Residence)
Come early and enjoy the preconcert happy hour beginning at 6:00 pm) in the foyer of Eckhardt-Grammaté Hall where there will be a cash bar and appetizers donated by Diversity Foods.
All the proceeds from the event will be donated to The University of Winnipeg General Scholarship Fund. Class Acts is the brainchild of Marion Tetrault and since the inaugural show in 2002, Class Acts has raised over $25,000 for scholarships.
Tickets are $20 and $10 for students. They are available at the door or in advance at:
- The UWSA Info Booth, 1st Floor Centennial Hall
- The Department of Biology, Richardson College for the Environment, Room 2RC005 – telephone Pam at 786-9435 to reserve a ticket.
– 30 –